banner

Saturday, September 7, 2013

Kaedah Untuk Hidup Dalam Alam Fantasi


To create your fantasy life


Imagine if you could write for the top sitcom in America, then write Hollywood films , and actually make a lot of money to do this .

That sounds like fun , right? Looks like you would kill for a dream job like that.

Only Matt Berry did just the opposite. He wrote 12 episodes of Married with Children . Written for a few other shows. A written even a movie or two. And then gave everything.


( Click on the picture to get the book only from Matt . )
I would never do that , unless someone offered me something incredibly huge . Like, maybe he would be an astronaut or president.

But he abandoned it for a job that pays nothing and all his dreams come true in the future.

I called to find out why . He tweeted about my book when it's 3 Was published in June and I wanted to thank him . But I was also jealous. I wanted to write for sitcoms . I was almost angry, he was writing for just about everything for a fantasy sports website .

I was unhappy in Hollywood, he said. Finally, there was a breaking point . I was sitting in a room going on a script with two actors and they tried to tell me how to write for comedy. I could not take it anymore .

Matt Berry Book " Fantasy Life " was released today . This is very good and I highly recommend it . Not because he sent me. But as I read it and it reminds me so much of how I do things in the end, I end up doing .

This is someone who decides to follow his own path to success and yet so created from scratch an entire career decisions .

I know nothing about fantasy sports . I know nothing about sports. And yet , I said almost 100% of all the chapters in the book are stories of fantasy sports , mixed with its own memory and how it has to be where it is: the fantasy sports commentator for ESPN , and the founder of one of the most popular websites in fantasy sports .

The lessons I received from her story :

A) Your dream job may not be your dream job . Everyone thinks that writing for Hollywood as a fantasy. And I 'm sure it was the dream of the company Thew Matt Berry in the mix. He was funny, he moved to Hollywood and worked in a toy store , climbed the ladder with his spec , landing at The George Carlin Show , and then .. Married with children , and then, and then and then . He paid his dues , learned his writing skills and money in the entertainment capital of the world .

But he hated it.

As he writes in the book, " to do something that you do not care about killing you inside . And a lot of money will not change that . "

B ) What are your childhood dreams? Believe it or not , they do not usually change when you get older. Berry played a fantastic sport since he was 14 years old. He had put in his "10,000 Hours" on fantasy sports . It was his passion more than anything, more than Hollywood . So he approached a website RotoWorld and offered to write for them for almost nothing . As he says : " I began to think outside the box , starting with a road that would lead me to replace a life for another . "

C) be persistent . He contacted the general coordinates RotoWorld offering writing and they would not answer. Finally he turned to the main author , threw his forces , and was my favorite technique : He asked for advice on how to write for them . Within seconds it was written for them.

D) to diversify . He quit his job and not just write for free . He was still writing for Hollywood while using his free time ... Write free . Often write to me and say, " I have this great idea , but I have a full time job can you help me money so I can make my idea. ? " And the answer will always be ... no .

When I started my first business , I was still working my full time job at HBO . I was still trying to run two drivers for them as well as the management of all maintenance work on their website. At the same time, I run my business, create websites for all other companies in the entertainment industry. I had to work 24 hours a day , but I enjoyed every moment . Somehow . Sometimes I hated it . Sometimes I could not handle how long it lasted.

But you have to find the control over your own destiny , one that is right for you. If someone gives you money , you're obsessed . First attempt . Then buy your freedom .

E ) to choose . If football manager website, he started for the cut he wanted to write his own website . How many times have you wanted to be "elected" in life: parents, schools, good jobs , a website , a publisher, an agent , a person .

Matt Berry can be great for fantasy sports and everything he does for ESPN , but what I love most of his book is that there are not elected by anyone else. If the actors to tell him (the author of one of the highest rated shows of the 90s comedy) , was that comedy was , he left . When a fantasy sports site to treat him like dirt began, he built his own website. He himself chose .

F) Be honest. I see it all the time among the writers of the Internet. No one wants to tell the truth and just say it like it is . Writers write about financials. Sports journalists write about sports. Social media "experts" want to write " 10 things to be a successful tweeter. " But no one wrote about the time they have failed or when they were wrong. Everyone wants to silence so that they can do to be perfect.

What I really want to know is: Who the hell are you? Matt Berry became the first fantasy sports blogger writes about . As he says , " I wrote about my life, my friends, my league ... everything was fair game . Imagination I do not want to be a stereotypical nerd. " .

This is what people want to know. You want to know how difficult it is to be obsessed with fantasy sports and at the same time is a job and a relationship . You want to know your personal stories of success, failure , perseverance , pain , despair, and wealth . 99.9 % do not understand the writer . For this reason alone : Buy the book Matt and see how it works. It's like the Howard Stern of fantasy sports . Each radio personality Star tried copy but none of them got the role of honesty done . Matt received .

And the pain is real. We all go through it . As Matt says on page 172 of the book "I lost the woman's partner career as a writer. I had was the dog , websites and living" half empty.

G) diversify more . Matt ran his own website, but you can never be the largest audience of managing your own website. You need more sites syndicate your content and a link to your own website. Matt was looking more and more opportunities , while continuing to run his own website . He went through the standard routine that all those who choose to know only too well :

1) First, he tried all and they all said "no."

2) then said "yes" , and he began to write for NBA.com

3) If they say yes, everyone says yes Radio , MLB, Fox, ESPN.

4) to sell your business to make money and do what you love to do . He sold TalentedMrRoto.com ESPN / Disney and became its senior director of fantasy sports .

That is :

H) Create your own career.

There was no senior director of fantasy sports ESPN ( or any other TV network ) came from Matt . He created this work , career, from scratch. Nothing but the passion he at the age of 14 who led him to abandon the pseudo - life in Hollywood dream began led to almost everything in his life to give up , he kept stopping and ended the creation of his own career and the industry at the top of the mountain in sports.

The book is a model of how to pursue his passion. I wish I had read when I was ten. I am glad to read now . I say a lot of what he was doing, and I think that it is parallel to much of what I am about to " decide for themselves . " But Matt shows how to do it and I am happy to recommend the book . It was sent to me, but I had already pre-ordered .

I read it and I called to ask you. But if we did I say on the phone : "You know what I Got I also have no questions . . . " So for all I know he hates this review . But for me , this book is the blueprint for how you choose, you can find your passion and create the world you want to live in.

No comments:

Post a Comment