banner

Thursday, July 22, 2021

youtube formula

Wan Faizol Wan Mat, [22 Jul 2021 at 9:07:41 PM]:

watchmojo and the talko


I blocked India, Pakistan, Thailand, Cambodia, Myanmar, Malaysia, Indonesia, Morocco, Tunisia, Nepal Philippines.


Wan Faizol Wan Mat, [22 Jul 2021 at 9:23:40 PM]:

The Scenist channel


yes this is monetizable. it falls under fairuse which involves only using clips and snippets of the actual video and then adding your own voiceover. So keep in mind that copyright strikes and copyright claims are the two main things people run into with this model of youtube.


You NEVER want a copyright strike. If you ever get one, i would just ditch the channel/ niche and start a new one because these are a very harsh penalty. Get 3 and you can lose ALL your channels associated with the copyright striked one.


Copyright claims on the other hand are very easy to fix and much less harsh. Whenever i get one, i take down the video, re-edit it, then reupload it.


-Short engaging intros,

- Top 10 style

- Count downwards

- Grammar error free


When i get a copyright claim, i take the video down, and re-edit it, then reupload it. YouTube will tell you what portion of your video is copyright claimed so if you receive a copyright claim from 2:13-2:44, you only need to re-edit that portion.


To protect yourself from copyright claims:

1. Use only 15 second or less segments of video clips (if copyrighted)

2. Use royalty free stock footage if possible

3. NEVER use copyright music- this gets flagged instantly

4. Use screen recordings when possible (these always pass copyright check)


Wan Faizol Wan Mat, [22 Jul 2021 at 9:41:04 PM]:

Respectively though:

Voiceovers- $20-$30

Scriptwriters- $20-$30

Video Editors- $50+


This is a lengthy, lengthy process. But basically it comes down to a few princicles:

- Do what's worked before in the past.

- Understand your audiience

- Don't try and reinvent the wheel.

With a new channel, I may post like 10 different niche videos just to see what bites and then slowly double down.


Thanks so much! Length is always 10 min+


10 min usually equates to about 1700+ word scripts.


Keyword phrase in the:

1. Title

2. Description

3. Tags


But there's more to it than that though. You've gotta make your title engaging.. Like not click baity but actually engaging.


Here's a nugget: on youtube people can always buy comments, likes, subscribers. But what's more difficult to buy it click through rate. By having an engaging title/ thumbnail, your click through rate will increase, and then get picked up by YT. A lot of people think it's always an SEO problem- I sometimes think it's a "maybe you're not so creative with your titles/ thumbnails" problem 😉 Hope this helps!


ery inspiring journey thus far! What is your criteria for finding scriptwriter/video editors for your team and do you have any tips on this aspect? I outsource some things for my ventures, but sometimes the mark is off in terms of quality.


I look forward to hearing more from your journey and I'm sorry to hear about your loss bro.


I actually have SOP's and hiring templates my project managers uses for script writers/ video editors.

Essentially though: make sure they're communicative, and I make sure their work is quality of course. Im not posting garbage videos on YouTube so I do want quality scriptwriters/ video editors. I want to be more helpful so let me add some more:

For script writers, they have written youtube scripts before- this is usually a must unless they can convince me otherwise.

For video editors, ask if they can create a video like WatchMojos. I always instantly hire video editors who have created video compilatons/ Top 10s before.


You have to understand that this model of YouTube isn't a "subs" game. It's a views+ niche game. Gain massive amount of views, choose the right niche= make bank. Let me put it more into perspective.


A channel that has 1M+ subscribers but only averages 100k views a day at a $6 CPM


A channel that has 10k subscribers, but one of their videos went viral, gained 6M+ views and is now at 150k views a day at a $4 CPM.


My point is- subs dont matter or in other words, there's no correlation between #of subs and how much you can make. What I care about is creating quality videos, getting views, going viral, and making money.


I am now at 140k subs, and ~80 videos uploaded.


The Goals:

[x] Monetization enabled// Goal achieved by partnering with an individual.

[x] $100 per month // Goal achieved 2/15/20

[x] $1,000 per month// Goal achieved 2/23/20

[] $10,000 per month// In progress: March: I made $9.4k but that's because CPMs are down due to the virus 🙁

[] $30,000 per month

[] Cover my parents' rent

[] Buy my brother a new iPad


The Plan:

Here's what im currently doing:


Channel 1 (niche= WatchMojo)

Between my partner and I, we're uploading videos now every other day since CPMs have taken a hit.

The channel is currently sitting at $20,000 in revenue only up til the end of APRIL.

I now have about 5 videos ringing in the cash registers:

- VIDEO 5 has 600k views.

- VIDEO 4 has 500k views

- VIDEO 3 has 700k views.

- VIDEO 2 has 2 million views

- VIDEO 1 has 6.5 MILLION views guys, truly such a great start.


Insane amount of views but unfortunately cause of COVID, im only averaging about $150- but hey, it's better than nothing!


Channel 2

Because of our 2 problems on our first channel, the commitment to this one wasn't as intense.

This channel has a total of 9 videos in it. Nothing groundbreaking yet.

Most viewed video= 200 views.

Channel 3

This is the channel that we were gonna launch in the first week of July, but my partner and I have basically discussed that we might as well get to work on it too. We plan on launching this one next week.

Channel will launch in the first week of July.


Channel 4

This is gonna be a new channel that i will be working on with a very nice guy here from BHW. He reached out to me, told me his background story, and continued to reach out to me despite my lack of communication with him. This showed hunger and drive- and in addition, he had something to bring to the table. My hope is that I can help him and his family out within 3 months- the earlier the better. A tip for everyone out there shooting me messages: his proposal was top of the line. I get PMs in my inbox weekly about if I want to partner with people, I should reach out to them--- but why would I reach out to them if they have nothing to offer?

This channel here is one that im working with a very nice guy here from BHW. He's really patient with me and i do guarantee that im gonna get this one to go viral real soon.

Currently has only 5 videos posted.

Most viewed video= 100 views.


Channel 5


This is my own gaming niche channel. Again, because of the problems in april, there wasn't much dedication given to it unfortunately.

It's currently got just 5 videos posted.

Most viewed video= 1k views.


My hopes is that by July the numbers on channels 2-5 will be better:). Im gonna make it more of a commitment to stay on top of the replies on this thread. I had one message asking me if I could please not end this journey. Unfortunately, I cant fulfill that request because once i hit 30k/ month on adsense and achieve my goals, im gonna end the journey.... but then start a new one aimming for 100k/ month on adsense:)


As per usual, here's a valuable tip:


It's a repeat one but it really makes me think how people think of YouTube not wrongly, but so incorrectly at times. It's regarding the discussion of subscribers vs amount of money to be made.

There is no correlation between the # of subs and the money you can make regarding this model of YouTube.

You see this all the time guys where there are DEAD 500k+ sub channels literally making pennies, yet there's a channel with 20k subs whose video goes viral and nets them 10k and $100/ day passively afterwards. For people who have 100k subs and are wondering why you're not receiving the same amount of money as me, it's probably because you're not getting the same amount of views as me and your niche is different as well.


That's it folks! Again as always. thanks so much for reading!


My method is as follows:

0) Research videos myself
1) Hire a script writer
2) Hire a voiceover artist
3) Hire a video editor
4) hire a thumbnail artist and description writer
5) Video goes down the assembly line
6) I upload the video to my YouTube channel:).

No comments:

Post a Comment