banner

Friday, October 3, 2014

How i choose to be a millionaire Part 2


Schedule III Management

Its programming is organizing your life, in this part we will see how to implement a sustainable agenda that focuses so much on doing things and at the same time to enjoy life.

Managing his / leisure work schedule is extremely important, your overall goal should always be to work less to get more. As a rule of thumb that works six hours a day is too much if you're being 100% focused without interruption.

Find your most productive times of the day

This is when I begin entering tools and tricks to improve your productivity. Your most productive time of the day is of paramount important. It is the time you should always mark your most important task before.

In order to find it, download a tool called RescueTime pure (free), adjust the settings to define the most important sites and applications you use in there, then let it run for 10 days while you work. What this tool will do is they will collect data about you and tell you when the most productive times of the day tend to happen to you.



This is an example of one of my team members, for example. Whereas it records fewer hours in the morning, but it is more efficient, on average, I could go and redo your agreement to start work early and finish early. Thus, most probably increasing the overall productivity.

You can run the same test on yourself or any member of the staff very easily with RescueTime.

Rupture policy

Breaks are needed and what may surprise you is that often needs to be more than they are. What I suggest is working with 2x 1h 10 min interval followed by an hour break.

If you followed my previous tip and installed RescueTime, you will notice the software also has an option to "focus" that blocks all the disturbing news and social networking sites for the duration of your choice. I suggest you run your sprints 2x 1h in focused mode then move away from your computer for 1 hour.

Maintaining a calendar

One of the things that really helped me in my work division leisure time is my calendar. As a true fanboy of Apple iCal, but I use Google calendar works great. Every time someone wants to book time with you, whether it is a client call, his girlfriend, a doctor's appointment, add it to your calendar. Then analyze your next day in the evening sessions and work plan after your time focused and breaks between them.
As you get used to keeping a calendar you will also learn the external plot events. For example, I do all my staff meetings 13: 30-18: 00. This allows me to concentrate on more challenging tasks in the morning without interruption. I literally have my browser in full screen mode without IM or e-mail for several hours.

Here is a schedule I follow most days which meets all these principles:

09:00 - Wake up
9:00 a.m. to 9:30 a.m. - check emails and emergency responses
9:30 a.m. to 10:00 - Morning training
Ten hours - 10:30 - Getting ready + fast food
10:30 to 11:30 - 1h focused work
11: 30-11: 40-10 min verification e-mail break +
11:40 to 12:40 - 1h focused work
12:40 to 13:40 - Get out of the house, out to lunch, walk to the office
13:40 to 13:50 - Email check
13:50 to 14:50 - 1h focused work
2:50 p.m. to 3:00 - range
15: 00-4: 00 - 1h focused work
Four hours - 16:30 - Break
4:30 to 6:00 - employee related tasks and support
06: 00-07: 00 - 1h work focused
19: 00-22: 30 - girlfriend night / relax / dining
22:30 to 23:30 - 1h focused work
23: 30-0: 00 - 30 min pause email +
00: 00-01: 00 - 1h focused work
01:00 - bedtime

Here's a sample of that schedule on my calendar:



Sure there are days with medical appointments in the middle and just a few days when I work less. But my most productive days like this. I often make extra checks email during my breaks even though I think cutting it further can be a good thing. But this gives you an idea.

No comments:

Post a Comment