banner

Thursday, May 3, 2012

What is Niche ?

PART 1 - Finding a Niche

The first step in creating an empire of niche is to find profitable niches.

When selling a product that many people make the mistake to develop its first product, then try to find a market for them.

Of course, the process must be reversed.

First, find a market that spends money, then find what they want and give it to them.

Decide which product or service you promote in a niche market should be based on a simple principle. There should be a demand for your product or service. You want to offer something that people really need something that will make their lives better, they feel better physically, they look better, or help them solve a problem.

The process that is going to give me in finding new niches as follows.

To start, I'm always on trends and current events in the real world. I read several newspapers each day, many magazines, both general and specific niche I the news I hear on the radio. Occasionally something that I hear or read, will remain with me. I can take notes or draw a diagram to remind me. Sometimes I call my voice mail and leave me a phone message.

But someday I'll have several broad ideas to research. I want to look deeper. And I assure you that there is a good market for them before I ever think about creating a product.

For starters, I review the hottest trends in research on Google Hot Trends. At this point, I'm looking for ideas.
When I see a particular topic is hot, I make a note of it and look at more targeted sub-niches later to more specialized sites (I'll point you in a minute!).



The Lycos Top 50 is another place, like Google Hot Trends, where I will review the latest trends and seek to explore more topics. I will also look at Yahoo! Buzz for ideas.

The eBay Pulse site is a great place to start, sub-niches.What I will do is the first category (with the issues that I have gained by looking at the previous locations) select, then look for profitable sub-niches, and then select a subcategory.

The best chance of success is whether I am as specific as possible with my niche selection. In the example below, I do not want to sell to the "crafts" niche.
I want to sell with details of their grandmothers, the latch rug hooking gifts to enjoy their families and friends. Whatever.You get the idea.



Also, I will always see the stores as well as to what they sell.There must be a reason they are the largest stores. You must be doing something right.

TIP: eBay is a PDF report of their hottest categories each month, available at http://pages.ebay.com/sellercentral/hotitems.pdf.

Now that I'm some potential sub-niches that have to work with, I want to see how much market is there.
Just because a sub-niche is popular does not mean that people are making money for them.

Amazon is a great place to see what is currently available for any given sub-niche.
Chances are, the books, the more it is written on this subject, more than the market goes to these topics.

For example:



First, specify, I search for "books". Can I have my niche, in this case "crafts."
Uh oh. There are too many books returned. This niche is not targeted enough. It is too "mainstream."



Much better! There are opportunities here.
We now suspect the following:

1) This sub-niche may be targeted enough.
2) This sub-niche can spend money.

Once you have an idea of ​​what niche you want to have a targeted, it is time to determine their profitability. You must use the tools can be found at:

http://freekeywords.wordtracker.com/
Or ...
http://www.digitalpoint.com/tools/suggestion/ ~ ~ V

Just the idea that you have entered in the sense, and press the Send button. You will be a list of key words and phrases, the key to the topic that you will enter the context presented.Each word or phrase would be an indication of the number of research they will be collected from users of the search engines. The number of searches for a particular keyword or phrase is a good barometer of the demand. You want at least 5,000 searches for your main keyword.

Here are some other sites you use to get niche ideas:

NicheBot - http://www.nichebot.com
Most researched Shopping.com - http://www2.shopping.com/top_searches NNS = HEAD ~ ~
AOL Hot Searches - http://hot.aol.com/hot/hot NNS = HEAD ~ ~
Google Groups - http://groups.google.com
Craig List - http://www.craigslist.com
Delicious Popular - http://del.icio.us/popular
Dig - http://www.digg.com
Google Catalogs - http://catalogs.google.com
Google Suggest - http://www.google.com/webhp?complete=1&hl=en
Technorati - http://www.technorati.com

Also, I'm going to do some targeted searches in both Google and Yahoo (for example, on "hobby").

And of course I will always Google my keywords and check out the competition in AdWords ads. In this case I pay special attention to ads that sell information products (or services I like when I'm selling a service).
Some of the ads is irrelevant insofar as competition goes.
Ok, that's the next thing would be what I need to check how many magazines there are on the topic of my chosen niche.

Ok, that's the next thing would be what I need to check how many magazines there are on the topic of my chosen niche.
There are two places I go online to the following:
Magazines.com - http://www.magazines.com
and
Amazon - http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/browse/-/599858/
To look at each site by category to find the magazines in my niche.

Of course, the better is, to some degree.

For example, golf has a lot of magazines, but it's not a good niche for itself. It must be targeted. But in this case, I can more and more sub-niche ideas within that topic by focusing the types of magazines for this topic.

The next thing to do, to learn more about a niche is to visit forums. By visiting forums and taking note of what people are more worried, you can search the Internet for products and services that help them try to solve these problems.Gather information on the subject. Have a little spy work.

Ok now you should have found a profitable niche.
There are many sites that I use for research in addition to the above, but they are usually niche specific. These pages will help you explore virtually every niche effectively. Once you have this process down, you will be able to do that very quickly.
Ok, now that we have a niche, it is time to understand the psychographics of your target group.

According to Dictionary.com, psychographics means "the use of demographics, attitudes and preferences of a particular segment of the population, such as in marketing studies to determine."
Put simply, this means that our deeper into your niche market, so you can serve them better by their products.

Answer a few questions ... But I warn you not to react too quickly. It takes much thought and consideration, to do it properly.

Question: Who would buy what you have to offer?
Not just women. "There is a gender identification, not a target market. All women are not equal. They have a variety of lifestyles, values ​​and interests.

Not just golfers. It features a group of people at a sporting activity, but there is no target market. Among the golfers there are big differences. Aim for the golfer ever so often with a cheap video tips and aim the golf lifestyle, traveling regularly to play in competitions.
Be very specific. "Start a professional coaching Fundraising"

Question: Why is he / she is interested in what you have for sale?
Do not say: "You will love it because it is a mother," because there are no products that "all mothers" are interested in (unless, a cleaning woman, and artificial intelligence, it is I think even then you get a little defeatist.)
Be very specific. "Start a professional coaching Fundraising" will want to save this product because it tips and development tools they need to win their first customer has. "

Question: At what stage of life is she?
• Young & Single
• Young & Groom
• Pregnancy-boy
• Motherhood in the Middle
• Maternity late
• Empty Nest
• Older & Simple
• Older & Married

These stages are important factors in determining a target market. How do you communicate with your potential customers, you have to take this information into account.

What motivates a young married woman is not to motivate them to an empty nest.

For example, if you get singles you'd probably want to do graphics and promotional materials to use and very popular with trendy look, or in relation to modern media.
In addition, to reach the elderly, married, choose a more traditional style and give a stability that can be found with older consumers received.

Question: How much money has he / she have to spend?
• Economical
• Average
• upper middle class
• Rich

Financial income is one of the most important issues in choosing and communicating with your target audience.
The customer is in financial difficulties by messages that they get great value and can save money are attracted.

Rich clients are more interested to hear what your product manufactured with the finest ingredients and prepared for every taste distinctive.
Some people will be interested in the products clearly show they are cheaper than anything else. They are so from their home or their personal commitment to frugality that they choose a product driven through a different point on price alone.

And at the other extreme, there are consumers who deliberately choose the most expensive service to the principle. Maybe even just to say they have hired the most expensive "exclusive" provider - or perhaps because they know that the higher cost means that they believe to be certainly the best quality. (That may or may not always be the case!)

For some, the impressions are everything.
Can you see how it would be virtually impossible to create a marketing message that rings true in all markets?

Well, that's all for this section. Now you should have your niche and understand who it is you are targeting. Then we go to build a site move and find ways to monetize it. I am writing this thread tommorow, so now - GET THINK!

No comments:

Post a Comment