banner

Wednesday, June 30, 2021

how to sell shit

The key to selling people things...

Don’t sell it to them!
Compliment your competitors!
Promote and be proud of your flaws!

That may sound idiotic, but let me explain.

You come across as desperate, when you shouldn’t be. You try to fake it till you make it thinking you’re so smart right, no, terrible advice. Everyone is smart. Value them as so. Now ur lying and there’s holes in ur story and ur stuttering and hesitating and fucking up cuz ur making shit up.

Had a client asking for some SEO services..

We talk over what he wants to ACHIEVE.
I ask questions to figure out his NEEDS & his WANTS. Where he is at and where he wants to be. This is the foundation.

Then.

I say hey, well what are your options for buying the service?

Surely I’m not the only one on the table, I understand that. Theres a ton of other great options out there, And I don’t want to mess up anything you already have going on with one of my competitors.

He tells me about my competitors, what they’ve done or what they want to do etc.

I COMPLIMENT THE COMPETITORS!!!
I TELL HIM THEY PROVIDE THE SAME QUALITY SERVICE AS ME AND OF COURSE I DONT KNOW THEM SO IM NOT SURE BUT ID BE WILLING TO BET ITS GREAT JUST LIKE MINE BECAUSE EVERYONE DOES THIS STUFF THE SAME WAY..

BUT,

I tell him the truth.

“ Oh awesome man, that’s great, I don’t know them personally so I can’t say for sure but I bet they do great work. So I’ll be honest with you man, I’m not gonna sit here and lie to you and tell you oh mines better and I do this different blah blah blah just to sell you something man. I’m sure you get that shit all the time just like I do. There’s no crazy secret thing here, some people might say so but I mean let’s be real here. Of course theyre gonna tell you they have the best thing since sliced bread, they want you to buy it. all agencies including myself do SEO the same way really. I don’t have any problem admitting that when 90% of people don’t because I have a unique angle on the market that keeps work coming in. I’m sure you know I’m not some big agency, I’m just a single member LLC, I hire people for a few things here and there but it’s really just me. Which allows me to do the same work as everyone else like we said, but since it’s just me I’m able to put more time into it, I put in more effort to make things I’m proud of, and I can always beat big agency prices because I don’t have the overhead they do of huge office buildings, employees etc. etc.

I mean let’s be real here man, I’m running my business out of my house!

Client : oh man I hear that! I do the exact same. It’s just me running the show here too, I actually really like working with businesses like that. I appreciate you being honest with me, guys give me the run around all the time trying to sell me shit thinking I’m stupid.

** client now understands the advantage of working with me, and knows I’m honest because I’m telling him the TRUTH and nothing but the TRUTH, including my shortcomings! Leaving NOTHING out. Fake it till you make it in a b2b environment is shit advice. People can smell it from a mile away. **

As the conversation went on.

He kept adding on work he wanted me to do, without me offering it to him.

He went from a $500 sale, to a $3,000 sale in less than 5 minutes. Kept adding on stuff over and over. And he was EXCITED. Because he finally found someone that wasn’t bullshitting him and made him feel like the valuable person he is instead of a checkbook.

#1. Value them and treat them as the smart individual they are. No trickery, no urgency, no pushy shit.

#2. HONESTY. Admit your shortcomings UPFRONT WITHOUT THEM ASKING. Acknowledge the value of your competitors because... they have value and it’s the truth.

#3. Unique angle. Present yourself as the trustworthy, honest person you are. And tell them what makes you different. How have you been successful? I’ve been successful because I’m a small fry with years of experience, which means I do the same shit as everyone else but can work for less since I’m running my business out of my bedroom next to a hibachi container and 2 empty corona bottles I had for dinner.

No comments:

Post a Comment